There are no evaluations on September 12th or 19th. The Phase 1 program will begin in late October
BFB 2020 ACTION PLAN
BFB will be rolling out its plans for the upcoming season on Monday (8/31)!! Check back then for details.
Batavia Feeder Basketball is excited to announce our potential plan for basketball this upcoming season.
First we want to communicate that nothing we do will ever be in violation of the state guidelines set forth from the Illinois Department of Public Health and Governor Pritzker's guidelines, which were set out on July 29th and take effect on August 15th. Batavia Feeder Basketball will not have our normal evaluations, which were scheduled for mid-September. However we would like to pass along our plans for this upcoming season. Our website ( www.bataviafeederbasketball.com ) will continue to be your main resource in gathering all of the upcoming season's important information. As we have more information, we will post the updates in the section titled " 2020-21 BFB Season Information."
BFB continues to be optimistic that we will be able to have a season this year. We are considering several options. Our current scenario sees the following…
3 day a week program that consists of….
1. Beginning in Mid/End of October & ending late December.
2. Grade specific skill development in Batavia for 1 day
3. Grade specific skill development at M14 Basketball Training for 1 day with the same group of Batavia athletes.
4. In grade scrimmaging / intersquad games once a week. Players would scrimmage against each other with referees once a week and play two games.
5. After December we will decide what January and February will look like. We will have a fee that is only a 2.5 month fee for everyone. If state guidelines change after December, BFB will reevaluate and go forward with what is allowed. If we are allowed to get into specific teams and play other feeder teams, we will visit how this will be done then.
For Example (6th graders)…..
- The entire 6th grade division would be divided up into maybe two separate groupings (this is dependent on the total number of kids signed up).
- Each grouping would stay with each other every time they are in the gym.
- The group would do basketball skill work at the same time and in the same place together. One day a week in Batavia and one day a week at the M14 Basketball Facility in Aurora.
- The group on the scrimmage day would be broken up into 3-4 teams of maybe 7 players and have timed and scored refereed scrimmages / games against each other. Each week teams would be different but the players in the gym would be the same.
Please be assured that any decisions BFB makes will be based on State guidelines and will be made in conjunction with Batavia School District 101. The safety of everyone involved is our major concern. We will continue to update you as quickly as possible as we confirm details.
We are excited to announce that player registration will be open in the next several days for all grade levels at www.bataviafeederbasketball.com If you feel that your son or daughter will be at all interested in joining the 2020-21 BFB season, please sign them up now. At this time, no fees will be due, so please do not remit any money. By registering your player now, you can help us to better plan.
In addition, if you are interested in volunteering your time, either as a head or assistant coach, you can register on the website. After you register to be a coach, the Girls and Boys Grade Level Commissioners will reach out to you to have a conversation about your interest.
Thanks, as always, for your support.
The BFB Board
The Batavia Feeder Basketball Program is currently making plans for its upcoming 2020-2021 season. Our website, bataviafeederbasketball.com, will be your main resource in gathering all of the upcoming season's important information. As we have more information, we will post the updates in the section titled "2020-21 BFB Season Information."
We know there are a lot of questions regarding the upcoming season. Any decisions will be based on State guidelines and will be made in conjunction with Batavia School District 101. We are committed to updating you as quickly as possible as we confirm those details. We are excited to announce that player registration will be open in the very near future for all grade levels at bataviafeederbasketball.com. In addition, if you are interested in volunteering your time either as a head or assistant coach, you can register on the website. After you register to be a coach, the Girls and Boys Grade Level Commissioners will reach out to you to have a conversation about your interest.
We have currently set dates for tryouts to occur in early to mid-September. Please visit the "Boys Info" and "Girls Info" sections of this website for the specific dates and times. At the moment, these dates are currently tentative due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Once we receive permission to access the gyms from the Batavia School District, we will be able to set firm tryout dates. Hopefully, we will receive permission in the near future. As soon as we receive more information in the coming weeks, we will share with you all the important details and how it affects our program and its upcoming season. By registering your player now and signing up to volunteer to coach you can help us plan better. Remember to check back at bataviafeederbasketball.com for all updates.
Batavia Feeder Basketball has been in existence for over 25 years due to the tireless efforts of many. Our thanks goes out to these volunteers. Batavia Feeder Basketball seeks to provide a wholesome opportunity for 1st through 8th grade boys and girls to learn, enjoy and be competitive in the game of basketball. We believe in giving every athlete a chance to grow both in skills development and team play. Athletes will be asked to be committed to the team and their own growth by participating in all practices and games. The club believes that individual and team growth can both be accomplished while giving each athlete equitable opportunity to grow in skills and game situations. Above all, we hope that each child will come out of the program desiring to continue in the game of basketball.